Sunday, June 17, 2012

NOTD: Milky Pink with Black Tip Nails

THE NAIL LOOK:
A French style manicure featuring a milky pink base and black tips. A special request from my man!




Loved the way it turned out, however it did take many coats to build up the milkiness of the sheer pink, many applications of the black to try get it as smooth of a curve as possible, and many top coats to encapsulate any lumps from layering! 

I probably a few hours doing them :o (but I was doing things inbetween coats like watching episodes of CSI, on my computer, even taking in the laundry etc). I didnt want to pile a thick layer on all at once because that would be impossible to dry! The finished product is worth it however - oh so smooth, glossy, and awesome.

 THE PRODUCTS I USED

Maybelline Salon Expert in Sheer Ballet Pink: Beautiful milky pink shade strengthening formula polish with a curved precision brush. I layered this god knows how many times until I achieved a gorgeous cloudy 'acrylic effect'.

Jezy Nailpolish in 45 (black): Just a $2 cheap polish sold in most Australian pharmacies, still relatively full so it still has a decent runny consistency for smooth painting. 2 Coats to reach complete opacity, but I applied more times just because I kept trying to get the curve perfect.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat: I absolutely LOVE this stuff, dries so fast, coats like a wonder. Its smooth, glossy, hides lumps and bumps from annoying lumpy polish beneath ;) I applied 2-3 coats for that thick glossy acrylic look.


LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION!
KAPOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment