Monday, August 30, 2010

REVIEW: NYX Milk Jumbo Liner & Natural Look

Ive been waiting a long time to try this out! i just havent had the heart to open it cos i have so much other makeup :P


Pretty standard packaging, plastic lid, looks very clean and smooth all around... Im just worrying about how i will sharpen it, Ive never been good at sharpening thick pencils.


The texture is so so creamy, you can see ive blended out the one on the left. It glides on really smoothly and feels a tiny bit tacky, which is good as a colour intensifying eyeshadow base!

This is what it looks like on my eye,,,haha my eye looks funny/gross

Today i just did the usual liquid foundation, but opted for my MAC Studio Fix powder in NC40. The picture always makes it seem brighter, but in real life its pretty tanned (in the context of a natural toned chinese asian), which suits me cos im that tad bit darker than the rest of my kind haha.



The colours i used from my 140 "manly" pallete (HORRIBLE brand name choice LOL) that i bought from ebay for less than $20. Its one of those hong kong factory makeup outlets that also sell the essential same product to companies such as Coastal Scents in america... the quality is very good in my opinion, but ofcourse there are the few duds, such as the yellow range, which is one of the hardest colours to find which will actually pack a punch! Thats why i used so many yellows :P to try bring it out as much as possible.

 My yellow and grey eyeshadow look

 lalala di daaaaaa.... :)


I put NYX Rea ontop of NYX Smokey Look megashine lipgloss. This way the application is alot smoother and doesnt sink into fine lines in the lips :)

I never take time to do my hair properly, especially for makeup blogging..so this is me tryin to make an effort by putting my hair down :P



Peekaboo! I remind myself of some kind of toxic bumblebee....

*****EDIT UPDATE*****

I did the look during the morning, and now its night! and still going strong, i decided to just have a bit of fun and pop some false lashes on :) They are the ebay lashes that I cut and curled myself to make them look more natural....you can see me do that in this post >>HERE<<


*****EDIT UPDATE****


Oh,, and also, today my sister had to go get her proof of age card from the liscencing centre, and i told her that the cameras there were really shit so i better help her bring out her features as much as possible...and heres what i did! (see below/next)



a very neutral but contrasting pallette to define the eyes, nude lipgloss (same combo as i did with Smokey Look gloss and Rea lipstick) and the use of my MAC studio fix powder in NC40, which does a very good job in a photography sense, as my sister usually has a really bad acne problem, and it seems to cover up really well in photos!

3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' your look. You're so creative with throwin in the YELLOW. I would have never thought of that. BTW I'm Mara and a rather new subbie of yours. GREAT BLOG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks Mara! :) I got inspired from some fashion colour combinations i saw somewhere, with the whole bright colour/neons paired with dark greys! It wasnt all me :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! I like how you apply your eye makeup. It's simple but deserving of a second look! ;)

    ReplyDelete